External Auditor Training
Transforming Human Services external auditors from good to great!
Enhanced Quality External Auditing Practices
Are you a human services quality assurance auditor looking to transform your practice from merely tick and flick to genuinely making a lasting difference to your agencies or organisations?
To audit in today’s rapidly changing business environment, external human service auditors are increasingly being expected to provide a deeper analysis within the audit process, utilise a range of effective communication skills and stronger levels of critical thinking, as well as understand and appreciate the implications of rapidly changing technology on the business or organisation. In effect, auditors need to be seen to be keeping pace with the continually changing expectations of businesses and service providers.
Kathy Rees has been assisting quality assurance external auditors in leaping from mere compliance implementation to becoming a true business partner through effective consulting skill development. She picks up where qualifications such as the Diploma of Quality Auditing leave off and turns good auditors to truly great auditors.
What does to take to progress from a good auditor to a great auditor?
Research focusing on financial auditing indicates the future skill sets required by external auditors will require experience in the client’s industry (52%); investigative skills (52%); understanding data and analytics (42%); communication skills (41%); and critical thinking and judgement (42%).
There are five levels of human services auditor – ranging from Novice through to Ambassador. Where an auditor’s skills sit on the matrix determines the value they add to the organisation or agency they work with.
Developing the leadership, strategic thinking and communication skills needed by quality human service auditors is where Kathy Rees comes in.
What does it take to move from being a good to a great external human services auditor?
Download our White Paper to discover the essential skill development matrix that will put you in high demand and ensure agencies clamour for the value you add to their organisations.
Coaching & Mentoring
Kathy is an insightful, supportive yet challenging coach/mentor to human service auditors.
Whether you are stuck on a specific issue with your practice and merely need a second opinion or are looking for ongoing coaching and mentoring to help you to build your practice, Kathy can assist.
Coaching/mentoring with Kathy is either delivered face-to-face at her office in Brisbane or virtually over phone/Skype or Zoom.
External Auditor Program
Want intensive skill development? Through a fast-paced and laser-focused training program, you are taken on a journey that hones your skills and transforms your practice to one that is more professionally rewarding and impactful.
This 2-day course will help you discover how to:
- Determine your current level of auditing skill level and how to progress to higher levels.
- Rapidly develop rapport and build productive client relationships.
- Boost your emotional intelligence to allow you to manage your own “stuff” while still delivering quality outcomes for your clients.
- Enhance your listening and communication skills.
- Guide and educate clients during stressful times.
- Overcome resistance to change by individuals, managers and Boards.
- Apply different change management methodologies to match unique agency or organisation challenges.
- Deal with difficult people and personalities you may encounter.
- Identify the root cause of problems which may not be the most prominent issue.
- Apply strategies to overcome information and communication silos within an organisation.
- Develop effective self-care practices to assist build your resilience.