What does Only About Quality & Kathy Rees do?
Working across the NDIS and human service sectors, Only About Quality specialises in working with people who need to establish systems for their small or medium-sized business or organisation, whether this is to prepare for an external accreditation or quality audit or because they want to have a robust system in place to cover what they do. This means:
- developing policies and procedures for the business,
- conducting gap audits of the documents and system before the next audit occurs,
- conducting independent reviews of these systems throughout the audit cycle,
- training staff to understand the benefits of the quality management system within the business.
In my role as Only About Quality’s Director, I am passionate about developing the strengths of human service businesses, regardless of their size or focus, as well as helping people to see the benefits that come from having a robust system in place. And finding strengths where people least expect to find them!
What you can expect from Only About Quality & Kathy Rees
What people want is someone who understands what it is like to start the journey of operating a successful business – and then to keep it going and growing over time. In other words, taking the newly formed business and strengthening all that it does by establishing systems that will safeguard its operations, its staff and its practices over time.
This means Kathy takes the time to understand what your business is about, not only when we first connect but where you see the business in the years to come. Working with Only About Quality means you:
- Have access to Kathy’s wealth of knowledge about systems, both from a practical perspective as well as from a quality systems perspective.
- Hear an auditor’s perspective first-hand – what we look for, where things can fall apart – and how to prepare for this.
- Obtain an honest appraisal of your system – where the strengths are, where opportunities to resolve any weaknesses may be found & what can be done about this.
- Obtain honest feedback, especially if you are thinking to take short-cuts.
- Have access to coaching support as you develop your skills to manage the system over time.
We help transform businesses and organisations operating within and across the human services sectors
- Allied health
- Aged care
- Disability services
- Indigenous services
- Government agencies
- Mental health services
- Domestic violence
- Child safety
- Neighbourhood Centres
- Community Care
Some of our amazing clients
Kathy goes beyond the tick and flick approach of many compliancy audits and deep dives into being of greater service to the organisation’s ultimate purpose. She assists through adding value to the quality of delivery and ultimately the outcomes that can be achieved in a way that is ethical, honest and courageous. I have no doubt that the work of Kathy Rees was indeed instrumental in our great success under the new standards relating to NDIS.
Book by Kathy Rees – Now Available
Courageous Auditing: Beyond Compliance – Towards Being a Catalyst for Change ®
The role of an auditor is not for the faint hearted. Some people fear us for the changes we may advocate, the costs sometimes associated with picking up inconsistencies and errors in how things are done according to ‘what’s right’, and others may see us as nothing more than a terrible nuisance. In whatever way we are viewed whether by managers, junior staff members, or trainers, our role is increasingly important in the world of non-for-profits, government agencies, and health services. What has become apparent for many of us in this industry, is that some outdated thinking has failed to develop our emotional intelligence as we go about our work.
Fear is what holds back critical thinking and common sense. Fear of making mistakes, and not crossing off the right points on a checklist, regardless of how effective they are, is the difference between someone keeping their job or not in some instances. Fear is also the reason for change being slow to take hold where it is often needed the most.
This book will make you think, and rethink everything you thought you knew about the profession of auditing.