About Kathy Rees
Transforming health and human services across government and the private sector for over 25 years.
Kathy Rees – Managing Director, Author and Mentor
Kathy Rees is Only About Quality’s ® Managing Director and before her retirement from auditing, was one of the most experienced health and Human Services quality management system consultants in Australia.
She has distilled her decades of knowledge in her book Courageous Auditing ®.
Using a courageous auditing framework, Kathy now mentors up-and-coming Quality Assurance Auditors who want to use their courage to take their business forward to be the best of the best.
- Master of Organisational Development & Training
- Diploma of Workplace Training & Assessment
- Bachelor of Social Science (Counselling & Mediation; Human Resource Management)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Lead Auditor qualifications
“A person who has experienced something is always far more an expert on it than the experts”
Kathy Rees’s experience includes:
- Being a lead assessor/auditor with one of Australia’s largest health and human services audit and assessment agencies.
- Delivering countless short and long-term quality system implementation projects for government agencies, the private sector, NGO’s and NFPs.
- Developing and running an NDIS registered Disability Services Organisation that delivers self-directed and self-managed support arrangements for people with disabilities (including her daughter).
- Developing and running a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivered a Diploma of Management, Certificate III and IV in Disability to the disability sector and other sectors as well as for individuals.
- Academic research into the role of evidence within evaluation practices of self-directed support arrangements.
- NDIA research through the Practical Design Fund and FaHCSIA: It’s not just about the support: Exploring the ways in which family members and people with disabilities evaluate their self-directed / self-managed arrangements.
- Commencing PhD studies: Mind the Gap: Exploring the Impact of Expired Compensation Funds on Traumatically Brain Injured Adults with Long-Term Support Needs’.
- Conducting academic research for Griffith University in disability topics.
- Conducting large scale community consultations in regional/rural/remote locations over three years.
- Walking the talk – Kathy’s companies have been successfully audited through ASQA as well as HSQS and, in the near future, the NDIS.
- Being published for her academic research.
Quality management systems and accreditation don’t have to be complex, confusing or jargon-filled.
Kathy’s approach is pragmatic, collaborative, objective and sensitive to your needs.
She takes you on a journey to deliver clear strategic and cultural change benefits to your clients.
Kathy is the Complete Package – Professional Expert in her field, understands culture and will put the heartbeat into your organisation or business. Kathy is outstanding to work with: she always responded to questions, communicated clearly and concisely, always delivered what she said she would do, provided great ideas for our structure, policies and procedures. Kathy possesses an edge of humility, energy and honesty that is most engaging. You want the Best … Kathy is who you want!